Friday 13 April 2007

Who or what is Peace Child to me continued


Choose a representative passage from this novel that holds particular significance to you. Type it in and comment on its significance.

"We smiled at each other, misty-eyed and weary, yet suddenly overflowing with joy. An audible voice could not have made the message clearer. God had heard our prayer." Pg 213

This passage usually appears in many different phrases in the book. Everything Mr. Don Richardson prays to God comes to an answer. When he was rescuing his family in the crocodile infested river, he prayed to God for his family to be safe and God answered to his prayer and by the time MR. Richardson had rescued his family members, all of them were safe and sound. In this phrase, Don and carol was praying to God and reading the bible to hope for a miracle to Warahai, who suffered almost to death. They prayed for him to rise in feet again and God answered the prayer. The next day Warahai raised from the 'dead' and the miracle that Don Richardson and Carol hoped, happened.
It seems that God answers his servants’ prayer very quickly and the servant needs it hurriedly. Whenever Don prayed for an answer, the answer came so soon. My point is that whenever I pray to God, I hope he answers fast just like he did to Mr. Richardson. Although when I pray, it is not always about the other people, some prayers are mostly about me. Even though it is mostly about me, i still hope that God answers my prayer, only when I am in need of help desperately.

IF you are going to post, focus on one question and comment about it.

No comments: